Instead I thought I would share with you a kind of short-term personal to-do-list.
Upon hitting a few personal ‘milestones’ of late (including a significant birthday which certain colleagues of mine are more than happy to constantly remind me of) I guess I’ve done what many before me have and come to the odd realisation or two. One such realisation I’ve had is that the simple things in life really are quite often the best, and in a country as beautiful and free as ours it’s easy to take those things for granted.
So with that in mind here’s a simple Wollongong man’s take on what he’ll be trying to make more time for this summer. Even after living in this great city for the past 20 years I’ve realised there is still much to explore. Feel free to critique, comment or make further recommendations. If this list manages to motivate anyone else to do the same then job done…
- Make more time to check in on family and friends. All the while trying not to close off opportunities for meeting new people despite the lack of hours available in the day.
- Play every game of competitive sport like it’s your last.
- Try out the Illawarra Fly Zipline Tour.
- Go see a live band or show as regularly as you can… and be sure to drag others along with you!
- Stroll Minnamurra Rainforest then kayak down the river.
- There really is nothing quite like a dip in the ocean first thing in the morning…
- Try to make at least one colleague laugh every day. Preferably with you not at you.
- Treat yourself to a fancy dinner and night out with friends every few months.
- Life’s too short to drink rubbish wine.
- Show as much excitement to the random dog on the street as it does to you!
Now to get started on that list...!